When you see mold in your home or business, it can seem like a very little thing. Barely worth a second thought. However, mold is a big problem. It can cause a lot of damage, some of which may be rather surprising.
While it may be tempting to take up a cloth and wipe the mold away – stop. The mold that you see means it is growing spores – and touching them can release these spores into the air.
Whenever mold is growing in porous materials, whether upholstered furniture, building materials or carpeting, the materials may not be able to sufficiently and they may need to be disposed of and replaced instead by professionals.
Mold can produce allergens and irritants and has the potential to cause other health effects in your property. Mold can spread quickly through your property or business in as little as 48 hours.
Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air. Mold may come in your property through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems, or even come in from outdoors on your clothing or your pets.
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, our technicians can quickly inspect and assess your property. At All Restoration Solutions Inc., we have the training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy.
Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We are trained mold damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
We invest in the latest equipment and ongoing mold remediation training because it helps us restore your home or business quickly and effectively. We will isolate the affected area using physical barriers and a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Contents and Belongings